- A telephone support and referral service.
- Support at Departmental and non-government carer agency meetings when foster carer’s would like someone from the Association to attend with them.
- Foster families will have information about foster caring, assistance in accessing appropriate services and, where required, individual advocacy to ensure that their issues are addressed.
- Literature information to prospective foster families.
- Books and articles are available on loan.
- Input into training sessions organised by the Department of Communities and non-government carer agencies.
- Social activities for foster families, general and family.
- Liaison with government and non-government agencies about policy and practice issues.
The Foster Care Association provide emergency packs for children coming into care.